Thermos® introduces the SK-series of Stainless King Big Boss Food Jar and Travel Mug with Handle and a Hello Kitty One-Push Tumbler and Food Jar with Folding Spoon in Singapore.
In support of World Food Day, Thermos® is encouraging customers to become more sustainable by reducing food loss and waste; while also becoming more aware about the importance of a healthy and sustainable lifestyle.
Customers can choose to consciously pack or cook well-proportioned, balanced and healthy meals as well as reduce waste through using reusable food and drink containers. To help with these goals, Thermos® has launched the new Thermos® SK-3030 Stainless King Big Boss Food Jar in a bigger capacity (1.39L). The jar contains two non-insulated 600ml BPA-free microwaveable and dishwasher-safe containers with a stopper lid that doubles up as a serving bowl. There are also user-friendly features such as a twist-off inner lid and a wide mouth opening for easy filling, eating and cleaning, and a bail handle and rubber grip to easily handle dishes outdoors.
Hot drink fans will enjoy the new Thermos® SK-1000 Travel Mug with Handle that comes in matte steel or matte black colours. The 0.47L Stainless King Travel Mug comes with a a built-in tea hook that holds tea bags or most loose leaf infusers, with an easy to open and leak-proof rotary lever.
For children and fans of Hello Kitty, the new JNR-500HKS Sanrio Hello Kitty One-Push Tumbler and SK-3021HKS Sanrio Hello Kitty Stainless King Food Jar with Folding Spoon comes in vivid classic red, blue and white. The light-weight 0.5L JNR-500HKS Sanrio Hello Kitty One-Push Tumbler is leak-proof with a one-push button and lock ring. The Thermos® SK-3021HKS Sanrio Hello Kitty Stainless King Food Jar with Folding Spoon Pack comes in a bigger capacity at 0.71L.
Availability and pricing
- The Thermos® SK-3030 Stainless King Big Boss Food Jar retails for SGD 99
- Thermos® SK-1000 Stainless King Travel Mug with Handle retails for SGD 49
- The Thermos® JNR-500HKS Sanrio Hello Kitty One-Push Tumbler retails for SGD 55
- Thermos® SK-3021HKS Sanrio Hello Kitty Stainless King Food Jar with Folding Spoon retails for SGD 69
Recipes and images courtesy of Thermos®
Ginger Honey Tea
- Lemon (thinly sliced and washed), to preference
- Ginger (thinly sliced and washed), to preference
- Honey, to taste
- With a Thermos® tumbler, add lemon slices, ginger slices and honey.
- Pour in hot boiling water till inner rim, and let it sit aside for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Ginger warms the stomach, which helps in digestion and suppresses appetite
- Honey has a laxative effect and nourishes the skin.
- Vermicelli, 1 bundle
- Mushrooms, 4-5
- Dashi sachet, 1
- Hot water, about 1.2 litres
- Green onions, for garnish (chopped)
- Preheat the Thermos® Food Jar by filling it with boiling hot water, close the lid tightly and let it sit aside for 10 minutes.
- Wash and remove stems of mushrooms, and cut into bite-sizes. Cut vermicelli into few parts.
- Discard water from the Food Jar.
- Add in the Dashi sachet and pour in boiling hot water till half full.
- Close the lid tightly and let it sit aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove Dashi sachet. Add vermicelli and mushrooms.
- Pour in boiling hot water until the inner rim is full.
- Close the lid tightly and let it sit aside for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions.
Note: This recipe is based on using Thermos® Food Jar JBM-500 / JBM-501.